Joseph Anthony Boulos
Back End: Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, MySQL, Firebase, RESTful API Development
Testing: Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Jest, Enzyme, New Relic, loader.io, artillery.io
Deployment: [ AWS: S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch ], Docker, Travis CI, Heroku
Developer Tools: nginx, Git, npm, Webpack, Babel
CryptoCurrency Tracker, Full Stack Developer
A MERN stack app that tracks Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ripple cryptocurrencies.
- Retrieves recent pricing history of Bitcoin using CoinDesk API.
- Retrieves daily pricing history for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple using CryptoCompare API.
- Implemented search functionality, allowing clients to select pricing history for any date.
- Increased service loading speed using Amazon S3 to serve static media content.
- Deployed service on AWS EC2 for future scalability.
Technologies Used: React, Express, Chart.js, Bootstrap, CoinDesk API, CryptoCompare API, AWS EC2
Twitch Service, Full Stack Engineer
An application that mirrors Twitch services.
- Architected system backend to scale 10M records via stress testing and PostgreSQL query optimizations.
- Deployed service and database instances into AWS EC2 for horizontal scaling.
- Integrated AWS Elastic Load Balancer for autoscaling leveraging AMI and Docker technologies.
- Implemented Nginx reverse proxy w/ caching to increase service throughput to 12k rps at 3ms per request and 0% error rate.
- Integrated AWS autoscaling configuration and load balancer.
Technologies Used: React, Webpack, Node.js, Express, PostgreSQL, Sequelize, Artillery.io, Loader.io, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS CloudWatch, nginx, pm2
Pure HTML5 CSS3 Website, Front End Engineer
A website built to showcase pure HTML and CSS.
- Front end application built using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Models a basic website layout and design.
- Fully compatible on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Deployed on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Technologies Used: Node.js, Express, AWS EC2, AWS S3
Checkout Simulation application
A MERN stack E-commerce style app with redux and authentication
- Created NoSQL database that allows clients to create, retrieve, modify or delete entries.
- Client data rendered in React components, graphs using Chart.js, Bootstrap tables.
- Fully functional with authentication.
- Deployed to EC2 on AWS for scalability.
Technologies Used: React, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, AWS EC2, AWS CloudWatch, nginx, pm2
Special Programs Lead | Electric Gas Industries and Association | 2015-2018
- Oversaw rebate processors and customer representatives daily tasks.
- Provide high level support to supervisory staff in the administration of complex tasks including: reports, audits, quality control and assurance measures.
- Handle customer escalations by email, phone and in person.
- Collaborate effectively with teams to implement customer feedback into company services.
University of California, Davis | Psychology with an emphasis in Biology | 2012
Hack Reactor | Advanced Software Engineering Immersive Program | 2018